Cargill invests in local communities through economic development, partnerships and giving combined with the volunteer efforts of our employees. Cargill provides corporate support to select national and global nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) that serve communities in which we have a business presence. We support partners working within our focus areas of food security, nutrition, and sustainability. And, our businesses and facilities sponsor employee-led groups, called Cargill Cares Councils, which support civic and non-profit organizations in their local communities.
Cargill Cares Councils seek to recognize issues important to our communities; build effective relationships with community leaders; and work to help improve living standards and promote vibrant, stable communities.
Programs in Korea
In Korea, we focus our efforts in three main areas: Environment, Enriching Communities and Youth & Education.
Our employee-led Korea Cargill Cares Councils and Cargill Agri Purina foundation coordinate our community efforts. The councils support local non-profit organizations with employee volunteer activities and charitable giving. Some examples of our corporate responsibility initiatives in Korea include:
Cargill Agri Purina Foundation
Cargill Agri Purina foundation was established in 1997 to support our customers and communities. Since its formation, it has contributed to the growth and development of South Korea’s feed and livestock industry and remains the first non-profit organization supported by and run in the agriculture industry.
Cargill Agri Purina Foundation was established in August 1997 to contribute to the development of Korea livestock industry through balanced growth. Since its establishment, Cargill Agri Purina Foundation has supported academic research and technological development and promoted the cultivation of specialized human resources in livestock and feed fields.
Contributing to industry
- Cargill Agri Purina Foundation Award
- Foundation Advisory Committee
- Sponsored by Cargill Hanrim Life Science Award
- Industrial Academic Cooperation
- Development of Eco-friendly technology for sustainable livestock
- Green Eco-friendly Business Consulting
- Cargill Agri Purina Greenhouse Gas Inventory Construction
- Education for Waste resources energy Expert
Youth & Education
- Cargill Agri Purina Scholarship for future talents
- Support College Students' Business Development Programs
- Support School Violence Prevention and Youth Personality Educations
- Support Education for youth in agricultural area
- Establishment of Cargill Children's Climate Change School
- Cargill Cares councils, Employee Social Contribution Committee
- Habitat for Humanity
- Support disabled children's rehabilitation equestrian activities
- Sponsored Books in Rural Libraries